JC Economics Education Centre is a premier MOE-registered economics tuition centre in Singapore that offers Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level Economics tuition.
Lessons are fully taught by Dr Anthony Fok, an accomplished and highly experienced economics tutor, highlighted by the Straits Times as the most highly sought-after Economics tutor in Singapore.
Are you looking for a good JC Economics tutor in Singapore?
Many A level Economics students only start looking for an economics tutor after they receive their mid-year examination results. Economics is a new subject as many students have not learnt it in their O levels. Thus, it is advisable to start early!
- How to understand the question requirements by looking out for key command words
- How to analyse economics data and interpret them
- How to write concise, clear essays with good evaluation points
EXCELLENT TRACK RECORD
Principal economics tutor, Anthony Fok, has an excellent track record. Dr Anthony
Fok has taught for more than 15 years. His vast experience in both public and private schools put him in good stead to help students improve and score distinctions in economics.
EXCLUSIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE NOTES
All our students receive comprehensive notes which offers complete coverage of the
A level syllabus and exam-smart techniques. These notes are very useful for
students to grasp essential Economics concepts for their examinations.
APPLICATION OF ECONOMICS TO THE REAL WORLD
Armed with a repertoire of real-world scenarios to link to the Economics concepts
taught, Mr Anthony Fok guides students to learn more about developed countries
such as USA and Japan, and developing countries such as China, India and
Vietnam. Special focus is also given to the local economy. Recent economic crisis
such as the sub-prime crisis, the European debt crisis and the Covid-19 economic
impact are also key features in the Economics lessons.
ESSAY WRITING AND CASE STUDY SKILLS
Obtain stellar results in your case study and essay questions by learning the correct
techniques of answering to what the Cambridge examiners expect. Learn how to
score Level 3 (L3) marks for your essays and discover the secrets to scoring full
marks for the data-response type questions in case study.
Since the founding of JC Economics Education Centre in 2012, most of my students
have achieved distinctions in their A-Level Economics examinations and have gone on to top universities both locally and overseas to pursue their studies. All JC Economics tuition classes are personally conducted by me as I want to ensure that the quality of my lessons is not compromised. All my lessons are carefully designed and planned to achieve specific learning outcomes for students. Based on past years
examiner’s reports by Cambridge examiners, I have developed a thorough and
rigorous teaching methodology to help students learn better. I also love to share my personal stories to link to economic concepts to help students remember better. In- class practices are also done to allow students to apply the skills that has been taught in class. I believe under my constant guidance; students will be able to master the skills to excel in their A-Level Economics papers.
Dr Anthony Fok
ABOUT ECONOMICS TUTOR
He holds bachelor’s degrees in economics and accountancy, a master’s in education and a doctorate degree. His doctoral thesis was on use of mobile applications in the teaching and learning of economics in business schools. A former MOE school teacher, Dr Anthony Fok believes that teaching tuition will not only instil in students a thirst for learning today, but also help to groom them to be the leaders of tomorrow. This begins with excelling in Economics as an academic subject. His materials are meticulously prepared for his students, meant to be incisive and succinct in illustrating seemingly complex economics concepts. Many students have enjoyed his economics lectures and put his notes to good use. Dr Anthony Fok features prominently on mainstream media, such as being on MediaCorp TV’s ‘The 5 Show’
and international news outlets such as CNBC news and BBC news. He is also the author of a slew of Economics guidebooks, helping students of all learning styles.
Join Anthony Fok for economics tuition classes now!
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Economics Masters of Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Former Ministry of Education (MOE) school teacher.
Awards and Accolades
- Featured on ‘The Sunday Times’ newspapers as one of the five “most sought- after super tutors” in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘zbCOMMA’ Chinese language newspapers as an inspirational and dedicated teacher.
- Featured on ‘The Sunday Times’ newspapers as an “Economics tutor who puts theory into practice”.
- Featured on ‘TODAY’ newspapers for views on “staying ahead of the academic race”.
- Featured on ‘Singapore Business Review’ magazine as a “top tutor who brings economics theories to life”.
- Featured on ‘Today’s Parents’ magazine for “educating the new generation using unique teaching methodology”.
- Featured on ‘Domain of Experts’ premier tuition platform which names seasoned tutors hailing from prestigious top schools.
- Featured on ‘Channelnewsasia’ article on “bridging the gap between school and tuition”.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Channel 5’ TV programme as “an educator with extraordinary qualities”.
- Featured on ‘Popular Club Magazine’ on “How to Master GCE ‘A’ Level Economics”.
- Featured on ‘The New Paper’ newspapers as a “tutor with a passion for Economics”.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ and ‘MyPaper’ newspapers on his views about the usefulness of GCE ‘A’ level Economics ten-year-series.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers on his views about using cheat sheets as an examination revision tool.
- Featured on ‘Lianhe Wanbao‘ newspapers as a ‘one-man show’ Economics tutor who “wins students by word-of-mouth recommendation”.
- Featured on ‘Shin Min Daily News’ newspapers on his views about the tutoring industry.
- Featured on Singaporean digital news agency ‘mothership.sg’ as the “most amazeballs tuition teacher in Singapore”.
- Featured on ‘The New Paper’ newspapers as a “super tutor with a long waiting list of students”.
- Featured on ‘Singapore’s Child’ Magazine on his views about the “hype and trend of starting young in tuition today”.
- Featured on ‘U-Weekly Magazine’ on his views about the tuition industry in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘8-Days’ and ‘I-Weekly Magazine’ as a tutor who “motivates students to become investors and thinkers”.
- Featured on ‘Scholarship Guide Magazine’ as a renowned economics tutor sharing tips on how to clinch the scholarship.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers on conducting the economics intensive revision programme that helps students spot topics by analysing past years’ trends.
- Featured on ‘The New Paper’ newspapers for “making economics come alive”.
- Featured on ‘Swiss National Public Radio and Television (SRF)’ on his views about the education landscape in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Channel 8’ TV programme “A Guided Path”.
- Featured on ‘TODAY’ newspapers on how to ace A-level economics examinations.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers on his views on conducting ad-hoc tuition classes.
- Featured on ‘Weekender’ newspapers as a “super tutor for super learning”.
- Featured on ‘CNBC’ international TV as “a well-known face of Singapore’s booming private tuition industry and a part of an elite group of super tutors” in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘Southeast Asia Globe’, an international magazine, as a millionaire tutor who believes in offering services that go beyond the standard.
- Featured on the most viewed TV channel in Europe, France TV Channel TF1, on his life as a Super Tutor in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Vasantham’ TV programme ‘Unmai’ on his views about the tuition industry in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘Lianhe Wanbao’ newspapers on his views about foreign students in Singapore.
- Panel speaker at National Library Board’s 20th Anniversary Celebrations Discussion Forum “Out With Tuition and In With Reading”, moderated by Professor Tommy Koh, Ambassador-At-Large, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Guest speaker on “Official 938LIVE” radio segment ‘Dollars and Sense’ – “Star Economics tutor Anthony Fok helping students make sense of dollars!”
- Guest speaker on “Official 938LIVE” radio segment ‘On the Job’ – “Super tutor Anthony Fok sharing his experience as a full-time Economics tutor”.
- Guest speaker on “Scoring for A-level Economics” at Popular BookFest Singapore 2017 at Suntec City Exhibition Hall.
- Guest speaker on ‘MediaCorp Channel 5’ TV Programme “The 5 Show” about tuition and enrichment classes in Singapore
- Fellow of The College of Teachers, Institute of Education, London, for individuals who have made a significant contribution to educational literature or to educational management at a senior level.
- Registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore.